Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy In My Ellie-Ment


Ok, it's cheesy. But there's lots of potential to sneak Ellie's name into words. For example, our photo site on Shutterfly: Ellie Vision. Or when Ellie is trying to eat stuff, Mike calls her the Elli-gator. I think it's cute. I stand by my blog title.

So here we are, home at last. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself now that I don't have to travel into MGH every day. Ellie has made a full recovery and, I'll tell you, she probably has the proudest parents in the world right now. All of her follow-ups are going well and we're starting to feel like we're a normal family at last. We're slowly finding a rhythm to our days. It's like it was all a very bad dream.

It's wonderful and weird at the same time.

Now that I'm finally a "full-time" mom, I'm hoping to share my experiences here. I've always wanted to write a blog with an actual purpose. All my blogging to date has been a bit self-indulgent and directionless. Maybe this will be too, but at least it will be a fun record to look back on when Ellie is an adult.

Or blackmail material, at the very least.

Anyway.... here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment