Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Hate Clothes

I'm going to complain for a minute here.

I hate clothes. I hate buying them. I hate trying them on. I hate trying to convince myself that they look nice on me.

Pants are too short, busts are too big, waists are too long. The clothes they are making now don't fit real people. Ok, so I am a bit overweight, but I should still be able to find clothes that fit.

And has anyone else noticed how cheap clothes feel now? I used to buy t-shirts at Old Navy that weren't see-through. What the heck is up with that?

Alright, alright. So the point of this blog post.... I spent far too much time this weekend trying to find clothes that looked good on me. My pants don't fit right these days because I have pudge in new places (thanks, Ellie) and I think my hips are wider. Argh. I have a constant indentation around my waist. And pants hurt sometimes.... like these work pants I'm wearing right now.

I refuse to buy new work pants.

So I tried on everything in my closet. I even bought some new stuff, which was quickly regulated to the "wear this when I'm hot" pile. Let the downward spiral of no self-esteem begin. Every item I put on made me feel worse. I'm over it now, but for a little while there I was going to just go everywhere naked.

Then I remembered my stretch marks and I put on some clothes.

Still.

These stupid size charts they use are WRONG. And they are not helping to make my body-after-baby journey a joyous one.

Jerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment