Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Diaper Madness

My daughter is a poop machine. I suspect that if we could harness her daily production of waste into a reliable source, we could end the energy crisis. Or at least reduce our electricity bill.

We left the hospital with TONS of freebies (that's what happens when you ask every nurse for three days to give you diapers to take home--sweet!) but those were gone within about two weeks. It works out anyway because Ellie has already moved from size 1 into size 2 diapers, so we wouldn't be using those now anyhow.

I have learned quickly how ridiculous the cost of diapers can be. I estimate that we could use the money we're going to spend on diapers in the next year to buy Ellie a used car for her first birthday. All attempts at negotiating such a deal were short-lived. The child continues to poop in her pants.

Now, at the risk of sounding like an advertisement, I found the best deal on diapers online. No, they did not pay me to say this. Most moms probably already know about it, but I was pleasantly surprised. For the moms who don't know, go to http://www.diapers.com/

I got a case of $41.99 diapers for about $30. Free shipping, marked down 11%, then with an extra 10% coupon for being a first-time customer. They mailed me a $5 coupon for my next order too! If you want to order from them, I can "refer" you and we both save money too. Enter my email address at checkout (stephaniehaddad@yahoo.com) -- you get a discount and I get a coupon in my email.

Alright, I'm done. But honestly, if I wasn't resourceful I wonder how much I'd be paying for diapers every year. Plus wipes and Desitin. And since my little angel has allergies, that Aveeno stuff is necessary but much more expensive than the Johnson & Johnson alternative.

Any other suggestions on how to cut some expenses? I'll take 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment