Monday, August 23, 2010

Six Months

Yesterday, my little pumpkin turned six months old. Hard to believe how quickly that six months has passed. Next Sunday, she will have been home for four months. That's just crazy talk.

Elissa is getting to be very bright and very curious. She also thinks she's a comedian. We've reached the slapping and pinching phase, and I've got the scratch marks on my face to prove it. I also have a tiny hand permanently afixed to my hair and/or necklace. Between that and a constant patch of drool on my shoulder, I'm one stylin' lady.

She's also still trying to control the spoon at feedings. Something Mike is brave enough to let her try, with mixed results. Her aim is improving, but she still manages to spread a fair amount of baby food onto various parts of her face.

Sitting up is going well, although Ellie still needs to take "breaks" from all that physical exertion, at which point she face-plants into the nearest comfortable surface. Which is sometimes Mike or me, but often the floor. When Penny walks by, Ellie nearly loses it with excitement. I can just see her plotting how she's going to get those ears into her mouth. This excitement, however, also leads to an inevitable "thump" where my daughter has again folded herself in half.

But her dedication is impressive, nonetheless.

So, at this six month mark, I can honestly say that watching a child grow and develop is one of the coolest things we get to experience as human beings. Watching her discover and learn is an incredible gift. I can't wait to see what's in store for the next six months!

2 comments:

The mom of 4 monkeys! said...

Wow! It is hard to believe that she is already 6 months old! A half a year! Crazy! And she is doing really well sitting up which shows that developmentally she is doing really great! YAY!

emily sam said...

Oh my God, I laughed through this whole post. Between the description of it and having witnessed it first hand.. that's a good final read before bed ;)

Happy 6 months, baby girl <3

Post a Comment