Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fitness Challenge

Ok, here we go again. I mentioned last month that I'm trying to whip my butt into shape again. And when I say again, I mean for the first time since high school. I know. Sad.

Anyway, now that I have this active rolling-all-over-the-place, and soon-to-be-walking munchkin, I gotta get moving. I've been keeping my promise, though. The Wii Fit and I are still friends, and my handsome virtual "trainer" says I have great balance...sometimes. Until I try to do Standing Knee on my left leg, then it all goes downhill.

Anyway, we're down 9 pounds and we're moving forward. Hooray!

I promised my doctor... actually, I forced him to give me a weight loss imperative... that I would lose 30 pounds before I got pregnant with #2. So I'm giving myself a year from now to lose the 21-pounds left of that promise, and hopefully 20 more. I can do it, right?

So I'm happy about those nine pounds right now. But I gotta tell you, I have an unfair advantage. This new IBS diagnosis has me shedding pounds like crazy. With no beef and no dairy on the menu, I'm doing great. Granted, I'd kill for a cheeseburger most days, but when I think about how much my tummy will hurt if I eat one... well, that fights the temptation for me.

More exciting updates later, I promise. Like Ellie's new obsession with plastic cups. Or perhaps our adventures in bananas... Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment