Thursday, October 21, 2010

Birthday Resolutions

Today is my birthday, in case you haven't seen the blanket of well wishes on my Facebook wall. And if you don't already know, I always view my birthday as a new beginning. A clean slate. A brand new year to achieve my goals.

Instead of New Year's Resolutions, I make myself some Birthday Resolutions. A few things I'd like to focus my energy on. This last year got eaten up by my new life as a Mommy, which I suspected. I met a lot of my other goals, but not all of them. I'm pretty happy with the overall results, though.


This year, I haven't exactly decided what I want my new goals to be. To set a goal like "contract with an agent" or "publish a novel" is tricky, because those things are beyond my control. I suppose this year's goals need to be about me... how can I work toward the goals for my own benefit? What can I control to help me achieve success?

So in this last year before I reach 30, I guess I'll have to make a Birthday Resolution to be true to myself, believe in myself, and work as hard as I can to reach my goals. I think that sounds pretty good to me :)

(I should probably also commit to blogging more, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment